The Castle / Schloß


The water mill was first mentioned in the 14th century and is located near the castle, next door to the witches tower. The river flowing through it is the "Gersprenz". From 1899 until 1973 the mill produced electricity. For years it was neglected, then the city managed to buy it and took great care into renovating it and getting the mill back into working condition.

Ute Wittenberger inside the mill

from the roof room

Rooms available for various purposes; here it was a display of "Celba" dolls which were once produced in Babenhausen














up-dated: 15.04.2011